Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creating a Web Log? Ho do weBlog?

First night on the road, I'm creating my blog later than expected.

Sorry to anyone that was waiting to see what's up with me, I'm getting on it now. I promise I'll update when I have Internet access.

Unfortunately/Fortunately for me, too bad for anyone who is really watching, the road to New Zealand is not lined with routers, so no promises on updates.

I'm going to try to make what I post interesting or at least relevant to my current situation, but this is more of a therapeutic process for myself than anything else.

I write consistently, publicly, hoping that an audience will give me more incentive to commit and regularly update this outlet.


More poetry than actual narrative might appear here after a while. I find it easier to transcribe my handwritten work than to write originally, quickly, rushed by a limited window of Internet access.


Tonight I have access as long as I want, however, so I'll tell you how the trip is after our first day on the road.

Maddie called me 18 times this morning, we were supposed to leave at 8am, I woke up at 9:07. Off to a good start.
It was alright though, because they were off to a somewhat late start as it was. However, they still ended up driving for a while calling out my name into the cold Cornell morning.

When I got to the car, I was able to get my toothbrush and run back into the Risley Residential Castle to brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and I even had time left to find my big heavy gloves I'd lost the night before.

In the car, on the road, we drove for 12 hours to West Lafayette, Indiana, we're staying with Maddie's friend Chris, a grad student at Purdue.


This is Chris, at an underground bar in Indiana, it was fun:




The drive let me get acquainted with Maddie's other tag-along for the trip, Marshall.

Marshall is an awesome guy, he manages a doggy day care and pet salon in New York City, he's coming along for the ride to Davis and flying back at some point after we get to California.

I'll do a bio on him for a blog post at some point. Some posts will be mini bios of people I meet, some will be pictures with captions, some poems, and some just stream of thought narratives. All to let Mom and Dad know I'm alive :)

Much love to you all, especially those who will be waiting to see how I'm doing,

I'll try to make this fun to read...no promises.

Now I'm getting my 4 hours of Z's before Marshall makes eggs!
Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment